Translate

Monday, June 30, 2014

Electric Vibrator

Wire discharge (or corona) electrodes must also be rapped to prevent excessive dust deposit buildup that will interfere with corona generation. This is usually accomplished by the use of air or electric vibrators that gently vibrate the discharge wires. Vibrators are usually mounted externally on precipitator roofs and are connected by rods to the high-tension frames that support the corona electrodes (Figure). An insulator, located above the rod, electrically insulates the rapper while mechanically transmitting the rapping force.
Typical electric-vibrator rappers used

for wire discharge electrodes

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what those were used for. We just had a few installed at our company and I thought to read up a bit more about them. Thanks for helping me understand more. Maybe if I keep up my studies on them, they'll trust me with operating them.
    http://www.vibrationsystems.com.au/solutions.asp

    ReplyDelete